|Course Outline & Outcomes
||This course is designed to equip learners with the basic travel industry knowledge and fares knowledge required to enter the travel industry. This course is a pre-requisite to the Galileo Reservations and Amadeus Novice Courses.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Overview of South African Geography
- Definitions & Terminology
- Understand industry codes
- Encode and decode cities, airlines and classes of travel
- Apply knowledge of baggage concepts of both Piece and Weight concept as well as carry on items
- Understand LAGS as well as dangerous goods
- Identify special category passengers and conditions of booking travel for such passengers
- Read and apply airline flight schedules and timetables.
- Understand various aircraft configurations and pre- seating
- Understand fare displays
- Understand airline as well as government taxes on an airticket
- Understand Fare Jargon
- Understand and apply various fare rules of South African Domestic Airlines
- Correctly understand and calculate Domestic fares and taxes for adult, child and infant passengers
- Understand and apply knowledge of the Air Ticket including time limits, validity.
- Understand the reading of an EMD for baggage, pre- seating and change fees
- Link fare rules to airtickets
- Different forms of payment including I Credit Card documentation